Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Make Your Own Shuffleboard Set

As I mentioned in the last post, my husband and I love playing games. On our anniversary a few weeks ago, we went to one of our favorite bars in the city where we met and found out that our regular table had been replaced by a Snapback Shuffleboard table. Of course we sat down to try it.. and didn't get up again for an hour.

Having never played the full-sized version of shuffleboard, I'm not sure how the table top version compares. I do know, however, that we were laughing and having so much fun playing that I immediately started brainstorming ways to make our own set to play at home.

I was trying to make this in time for his Christmas gift, so it was a little hurried, but here's what I came up with:


Making your own version of this would be very simple - what I did was tape off three lines at one end of a wooden board I had lying around, paint them, and stamp numbers in each of the resulting sections. After the paint was dry, I put several layers of Mod Podge over the whole board.

For the pucks, I went to the hardware store down the street and found the heaviest round bearings that I could. I then glued felt to the bottom of each bearing to make them slide more easily down the board.

To play, shoot a puck from the bottom of the board. If you get it in one of the numbered sections, you get that number of points. But if you overshoot and the puck goes off the board, you get no points.
(We keep track of our total overall points in sharpie on the back of the board to add some extra competitiveness.)

Hope you're having a wonderful day! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...